those teachers that are like “I’ll quiz you on the overarching concepts and the important ideas of the chapter” and then you get the test, and it’s a detail that was mentioned once in the whole book.
feeling all the feelings too hard
I had to answer the question “What privileges do you enjoy as a woman?” I looked up the question and this was the first result. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions.
I can’t get hit by men. What a privilege.
3. I can produce offspring.
You get your period, birth a child, then go through menopause and tell me its a privilege.
6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.
Are you serious
7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.
8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.
have you met an 18 year old boy
10. People will help me more when I’m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.
im sorry what
11. When I’m on a date things will be paid for me.
youre kidding right
20. My feelings are more important than men’s lives. Every precaution will be made to protect me from harassment at work. However, males will make up nearly %100 of workplace fatalities.
oh my god
21. My gender controls 80% of domestic spending. We get to spend our money if we have any and we get to spend men’s money.
IF WE HAVE ANY
31. If I fail at my career I can blame the male dominated society.
im sure thats how it works
33. If I “choose” to join the military; the best military occupations providing the most lucrative civilian training will be reserved for me. I will be kept away from the fighting as much as possible to the point that I will be thirty times less likely to be killed in a war zone than my male counterparts. I will be given equal pay for less risk. I will never have to consider the fact that by joining the military and getting a plumb assignment I automatically forced a male out of that position and into a combat role that may cost him his life.
what the fuck
48. I expect a man to ask me to marry me and suffer the potential risk of rejection.
i cant with this
49. If I lie it’s because I’m a victim of a male dominated society forced into difficult circumstances and not because I’m a bad person.
ive actually never heard that one before congrats on your stupidity
60. If I lose my job it’s because of sexism or the economy. If a man loses his job it’s because he’s a loser.
hahaha im done
70. Restrooms for my gender will be cleaner and are more likely to have flowers or other decorations.
we can share lol
here’s the rest of the article: http://mensresistance.wordpress.com/female-privilege-checklist/
Gender is a prison for both women and men. The difference is that for men it’s a prison with wall-to-wall carpeting and someone to bring you coffee.
but really, is mrs. all american about a mrs? because it really sounds like it’s about the milf next door